Monday, November 8, 2010

What matters....

Today was the toughest day of rehab to date.  Literally brought tears to my eyes as we went through another session of "scar tissue busting" that takes the definition of pain and the interpretation to a whole new level.  That's what this post was going to be about.....but then I got this message from my buddy who had my back in fullback position during college (a guy named Bill Saunders who I'd take in any bar fight, anywhere):


Asking everyone to say a prayer for "Darkhorse" 3rd Battalion 5th Marines and their families. They are fighting it out in Afghanistan and they have lost 9 Marines in four days. Praying for all our soldiers. PLEASE REPOST. IT WOULD BE NICE TO SEE THIS ON EVERYONE'S WALL♥ GOD BLESS AND WATCH OVER OUR HEROES


While I take great care to avoid partisan opinions as possible, I don't really care what your politics are on the wars.  9 families in 4 days lost sons or daughters, horribly, quickly, and without much thought.  It's time to think about how this affects us all.


In my whiny day of recuperation, the surgical technologies, the experience, even the prosthesis were developed as part of battlefied trauma treatment.  So being able to walk normally and without pain are in no small part due to their sacrifice.  I think it's time for all of us to think about how and why we are touched by these brave souls, and pray that we are never one of those 9 families.

No comments:

Post a Comment